- 225g(8oz) lamb’s liver, rinsed and sliced
- 15g(½oz) butter
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 75g(3oz) smoked bacon lardons
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon(15ml) plain flour
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(5ml) balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 300ml(½ pint) boiling water
- 1 tablespoon(15ml) gravy granules
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Add the onion, bacon lardons, garlic and thyme. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season the flour with salt and black pepper and coat the liver.
- Add the liver to the pan and brown for about 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and water mixed with the gravy granules and bring to the boil.
- Serve with parsnip mash and seasonal vegetables.
Recipe sourced from simplybeefandlamb.co.uk